Keys Review takes a look at the Piano 5 from Nord. Find out what Tom discovered and check out the various sound samples.
The latest edition of our award-winning Piano series is equipped with dual piano engines, dual sample synths and twice the memory of the previous generation.
With the combination of a premium Triple Sensor keybed and our exclusive Virtual Hammer Action Technology, the portable Nord Piano 5 delivers an exceptional playing experience.
- 88-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action
- 73-note Triple Sensor keybed with grand weighted action NEW
- Nord Virtual Hammer Action Technology
- Advanced Layering (2 Pianos + 2 Sample Synths) NEW
- Advanced KB Split with optional crossfades NEW
- Seamless Transitions
- OLED display for excellent overview
- 2 independent Piano Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Piano Library NEW
- 120 Voice Polyphony
- Creative Piano Timbre options including Dyno filter
- 3 Dynamic Curves to suit any playing style
- Dynamic Pedal Noise with Nord Triple Pedal
- Advanced String Resonance
- Soft Release
- 2 independent Sample Synth Layers NEW
- 2x memory for Nord Sample Library NEW
- Soft and Bright filters NEW
- Unison for rich, ensemble sounds NEW
- Tru-Vibrato for authentic vibrato NEW
- Round robin for natural sounding repetitions NEW
- Support for monophonic samples with legato NEW
- Attack, Decay/Release and Dynamic controls
- High quality stereo effects modelled after classic stomp boxes
- Reverb with Chorale and Bright/Dark mode NEW
- Delay with Ping Pong mode NEW
Two independent Pianos and Sample Synths
The Piano and Sample Synth sections of the Nord Piano 5 each contain two independent Layers. The two Pianos and two Sample Synths can be used simultaneously in a variety of split or Layer configurations. Combined with the versatile effects routing, a wide range of combinations can be achieved – from classic ensemble settings to rich soundscapes. The LED equipped Level controls allow for quick and precise balancing of all Layer volume levels. A Volume Pedal and/or Sustain Pedal can be assigned to each Layer.
Live focused design
The Nord Piano 5 has dedicated dials and buttons for full hands-on control during a live performance. Transposing, setting up a split point or creating a layered sound can be accomplished instantly.
The Nord Piano 5 features seamless transitions for glitch free changing of sounds or programs while playing.